These are so delicious and good for you! My mom comes up with the best recipes… isn’t that what mom’s are for? HAHA! 😉
Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 medium bananas
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place walnuts on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. When the walnuts are done take them out of the oven and bring the heat up to 350 degrees.
- Mash banana with a fork to break up large chunks. Add the other wet ingredients to the mashed bananas (maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, milk, and vanilla extract).
- Add the spices to the wet mixture and stir. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Gradually stir in the flour.
- Fold in the walnuts and chia seeds.
- Spray a 12-muffin pan with cooking spray. Distribute batter evenly.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.