I am always looking for new recipes. I put this recipe on my Meal Plan to try yesterday and it couldn’t have been more perfect… it was the first day we had snow!
Remember I am running AND doing the complete Hammer and Chisel program from Beachbody… which means I am extra hungry. Fueling my body with good foods is so important to me!
This is my kind of comfort food and it’s healthy. It is perfect if you are following the 21 Day Fix or Hammer and Chisel nutrition plan. The only change that I would make is to double it! With my hungry family we didn’t have any leftovers for lunch today! I served ours with edamame.
Crockpot Chicken with Apple and Sweet Potato
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Layer the sweet potato cubes and chicken breasts in the bottom of crockpot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In small bowl stir together garlic, red onion, apple sauce, apple cider vinegar, cumin, and ginger.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and sweet potato cubes.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (until the chicken and sweet potato are tender.
If you try this recipe… I would love to know what you think!