I have been testing out this recipe and I think I finally got it! These are the healthiest way that I’ve made them and I like this way the best! (These 3 agree!)
Healthiest Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 medium bananas
- 3/4 cup walnuts (crushed)
- 1 1/2 cups ground old fashioned oats OR whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash banana with a fork to break up large chunks. Add the other wet ingredients to the mashed bananas (applesauce, coconut oil, egg, milk, and vanilla extract).
- Add the spices to the wet mixture and stir. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Gradually stir in the flour.
- Fold in the walnuts and chia seeds.
- Spray a 12-muffin pan with cooking spray. Distribute batter evenly. (Optional- add coconut to top of each muffin.)
- Bake for 22-28 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I made mini and regular sized muffins! They were a big hit!
If you try them out you won’t be disappointed!
If you would like more healthy recipes I would love for you to join my upcoming group! Fill out a few questions below.