I just finished up teaching two classes at the local community college for upper elementary grades. The classes combined a lot of fun science things into a few short days. While it was fun to get out (wearing real clothes) and feeling appreciated (a student gave me this flower), I missed my little kids!
So, we’ve been doing a bunch of the experiments together now!
Then we started experimenting with zucchini’s! 🙂 I am on a mission to eat them all up from our garden! This is a good one:
Zucchini Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup banana (mashed)
- 3/4 cup zucchini (grated)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large bowl mix banana, zucchini, egg, honey, oil, vanilla, yogurt, and chia seeds until well blended.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into the large bowl.
*Bake 1 loaf at 325 degrees for 35 minutes.
*Bake 12 cupcakes at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.