It may not look or feel like Fall yet… (My hair was crazy after this run! It is WAY too humid!)
but that doesn’t mean we can’t pretend! After a hot run PIYO and air conditioning sound perfect!
Plus, there is nothing better than pumpkin flavored foods to get in the mood for Fall. So my littlest guy helped me with these!
I have been making mini muffins for the kids and bread for Nate and I! Same recipe.. I just take the muffins out of the oven 10-15 minutes sooner.
Healthier Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour (blended oats)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease pan(s).
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, yogurt, egg, vanilla, coconut oil, and brown sugar until well combined.
- In a a small bowl, mix flour, oat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg.
- Mix the wet into the dry until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. For bread bake about 60 minutes, for muffins about 35 minutes or until a fork when inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool then enjoy!
Hope you have a great day and can enjoy the hot sunshine until it really is Fall!