We are almost halfway through winter and sometimes the cold or sickness (especially that my 3 bring home) can be tough but being motivated helps! Also, rolling around in fake grass is nice 😉
I often get messages about how I stay motivated so I came up with my top 6 reasons that keep me motivated:
- An upcoming race- especially a big one that you are traveling for!
- To feel my best- days when I run/ workout I am happier and a lot more patient with everyone. 🙂
- To be stronger and better- I always want to keep improving to be the best version of myself.
- To eat healthier- I always make better food choices when I workout! I think my body craves healthy foods and vitamins! Sometimes I workout so hard that I don’t want anything bad going into my body.
- My daily “me time”- It is my only time that I really have alone and I don’t feel guilty about it! I may not have time to go shopping or even doing my hair but at the end of the day those things don’t make me happy like working out!
- Having a group that is doing similar workouts and similar goals- I check in each day with my group and we share motivation and inspiration!
So, here’s what my last two weeks looked like:
Monday: Recovery Run- 5 miles
Tuesday: Hammer & Chisel DVD-Total Body Chisel and Spin Bike- 45 minutes
Wednesday: Rest Day
Thursday: Tempo Run- 6 miles
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: Sick Day 😦
Sunday: Easy Run- 7 miles
Monday: Easy Run- 8.5 miles
Tuesday: Hammer & Chisel DVD- Hammer Power and 6 miles with pick-ups
Wednesday: Hammer & Chisel DVD- Chisel Balance and 6 miles with 5 x .5 miles hard
Thursday: Rest Day
Friday: Long Run- 16 miles
Saturday: Hammer & Chisel DVD- ISO Hammer, Run- 3 miles, Bike- 30 minutes
Sunday: Tempo Run- 9.5 miles
If you are interested in joining my upcoming group fill out a few questions below and I will give you more info!